Modoc: The True Story of the Greatest Elephant That Ever Lived - Ralph Helfer An utterly amazing true story about an elephant, Mosie, and her trainer, Bram! If you like books about amazing animals and what they do - this is for you. Shipwrecks, fires, poisoning, terrorist revolutionary uprisings, teak forests, upspritualism and an anazing love story between one man and his elephant! This book is very plot driven. The bits on spiritualism didn't quite get me thinking.... I would say yup, I agree, and then that was the end. Nothing to ponder over. For example - one love never diminishes another love.

I don't quite know if I pick light books over Xmas b/c I know my emotions will be fully occupied with family matters - the result being that I never find fabulous books over Christmas. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely worth the time I spent reading it, and I do recommend it, but it is no thought provoking book! The writing is clear, but that is it! I wouldn't say it sparkled. Does every book sparkle? One thing annoyed me - there was no map and dates were sparse. For example where exactly were those teak forests and where was the maharaja's Elephantarium or what city was it near? I like to know this stuff

Before reading the book: I need to read something over Xmas that will grab me, usually my brain tends to stray! Check out the cover - can you see the little boy's hand around that elephant, the turn of the elephant's head, and the straightness of the little boy's back? A picture can say a thousand words.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK AVAILABLE BOTHAT AMAZON AND B&N!