Nefertiti - Michelle Moran I did end up enjoying this book. I grew to like Mutmodjmet, Nefertiti's suster. This was a light, fun read.

****************************
Updated 1/2 through: My GR friend Diane was so kind to give me this link to the author's site: http://michellemoran.com/books/nefertiti/qanda.html I needed to know what was fact and what was fiction. Hmm, there is quite a bit of fiction here!

And the character portrayal is not blowing me over. Something feels wrong. I am trying to put my finger on what it is that bothers me. It is that this story is told by the younger sister of Nefertiti, She is a very different person from her older sister. Nefertiti is a strong-willed, power seeking person. Very, very self-confident! That is not so surprising. Her younger sister is more thoughtful, wise in the ways of herbal healing, considerate and honest. Her thoughts help readers understand what is happening. However sometimes she turns to another character in the story and voices her opinions. This I find unbelievable in certain situations. She would have never survived had she spoken as she did! She is the character I like in the story, and yet at the same time I feel she is unbelievable. This is a major problem for me.

I do not consider this book a waste of time. I am learning about the Egyptian court of 1350 BCE and Befertiti, Also, I admit it…..at points it is terribly exciting! :0) Will someone be assassinated?

?efertiti and her younger sister are 15 respective 13 years of age when the book opens. It is amazing how we baby our children nowadays. Just a thought